Close Menu
    Monsoon News
    • Search Page
    • Bollywood
    • Exclusives
    • TV Shows
    • Movies
    • Privacy Policy
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms of Use
      • Cookie Privacy Policy
      • DMCA
      • California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Monsoon News
    Home»Exclusives»Updates on Missing Blackbird Mountain Skiers
    Exclusives

    Updates on Missing Blackbird Mountain Skiers

    adminBy adminFebruary 19, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Reddit WhatsApp Email

    Tahoe Avalanche 2026: Updates on Missing Blackbird Mountain Guides Skiers
    Image Credit: Anadolu via Getty Images

    On Tuesday, February 17, an avalanche struck a backcountry ski group in the Castle Peak area of the Sierra Nevada, located roughly 10 miles away from Lake Tahoe near Truckee, California. The heavy slide occurred around 11:30 a.m. local time amid a major winter storm that caused heavy snow, high winds and whiteout conditions across the region. The Sierra Avalanche Center had issued a “high avalanche danger” warning hours earlier, cautioning that large slides were likely in backcountry terrain.

    The group consisted of 15 backcountry skiers, including four guides and 11 clients, on a three-day guided trip organized by the ski touring company Blackbird Mountain Guides. The group was returning from the Frog Lake backcountry huts when the avalanche swept them up.

    The ski touring company announced in a news alert via its website that the “leadership team at Blackbird Mountain Guides remains fully engaged in assisting the Search and Rescue efforts on the ground as we navigate this incredibly difficult situation alongside those involved.” 

    Get updates on everything we know so far about the missing skiers and the avalanche that struck the area near Lake Tahoe, California.

    Were the Missing Blackbird Mountain Guides Skiers Found?

    Unfortunately, eight skiers were found dead on Wednesday, February 18. One person is still missing, according to The New York Times. The ninth missing person is presumed dead, authorities stated. Several survivors from the avalanche were rescued.

    Eight skiers were found dead after being trapped by an avalanche while on a backcountry ski trip near Lake Tahoe, Nevada County Sheriff Shannan Moon said https://t.co/tTxD28DIkh pic.twitter.com/tttiRDwaVy

    — Bloomberg (@business) February 18, 2026

    Did Anyone Survive the Avalanche Near Lake Tahoe?

    Yes. Fortunately, six people were found and rescued. Due to the hazardous weather, the six survivors had to shelter in place under tarps and stayed in contact through emergency beacons and text messages while rescue teams worked to get to them.

    Later, on February 18, rescue crews finally reached the survivors and were able to evacuate them.

    Has California Ever Had an Avalanche?

    Yes, but the 2026 avalanche is considered the deadliest one in California history. The last one to hit the state was in 1982 in Alpine Meadows. Seven people died near a ski resort at the time, which Sheriff Wayne Woo of Placer County referred to during a press conference, according to The New York Times. 

    “To see this tragic incident unfold and potentially have that many losses of life, it’s horrible to see,” the sheriff said about the recent tragedy.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Email
    Previous ArticleHow Much More Does It Need To Beat Two Overlooked Films Starring Tom Cruise & Robert De Niro?
    Next Article Loses #1 Spot But Puts Raid 2 In Danger, Set To Enter Top 10 Most-Viewed Bollywood Films On Netflix!
    admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Cate Blanchett Unveils Bao Nguyen, Mo Amer for Displacement Film Fund

    May 18, 2026

    How Much Money the CNN Anchor Makes

    May 18, 2026

    Connor Storrie, Gorillaz, Kit Harington, Jane Fonda Films at Raindance

    May 18, 2026

    ‘Orange-Flavoured Wedding’ by Christophe Honoré

    May 18, 2026

    Julianne Moore Gives Feminist Battle Cry at Kering’s Women in Motion Dinner

    May 18, 2026

    Cannes Critics’ Week Film Interview, Clip ‘Goodbye Cruel World’

    May 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Recent Posts
    • Why Chand Mera Dil Feels Like A Classic Bollywood Romance
    • Cate Blanchett Unveils Bao Nguyen, Mo Amer for Displacement Film Fund
    • Needs Less Than $250M To Become Its Director’s All-Time Top Grosser
    • How Much Money the CNN Anchor Makes
    • Amid Mouni Roy & Suraj Nambiar Divorce Buzz, A Look Back At Bollywood’s Most Shocking Splits—From Hrithik Roshan & Sussanne Khan To Arbaaz Khan & Malaika Arora
    • Connor Storrie, Gorillaz, Kit Harington, Jane Fonda Films at Raindance
    • Can The Animated Classic Reach The $500M Milestone Worldwide?
    • ‘Orange-Flavoured Wedding’ by Christophe Honoré
    • Becomes 4th Highest-Grossing Malayalam Film Of 2026
    • Julianne Moore Gives Feminist Battle Cry at Kering’s Women in Motion Dinner
    • Home
    • Movies
    • TV Shows
    • Gaming

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.