Close Menu
    Monsoon News
    • Search Page
    • Bollywood
    • Exclusives
    • TV Shows
    • Movies
    • Privacy Policy
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms of Use
      • Cookie Privacy Policy
      • DMCA
      • California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Monsoon News
    Home»Exclusives»Sports Journalist Goes Viral After Posting Attack on French Far-Right
    Exclusives

    Sports Journalist Goes Viral After Posting Attack on French Far-Right

    adminBy adminJuly 1, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Reddit WhatsApp Email

    A French sports journalist has gone viral after venting his anger online following the success of the far-right in Sunday’s elections.

    Benjamin Bernard, an on-air reporter for beIN Sport, posted on X that there were “12 million SOBs in our country. That’s it, it had to come out.”

    Bernard was referring to the voters of the far-right National Rally (RN) party and its allies, which were the winners in Sunday’s first round of voting for France‘s parliament, with 33 percent of the popular vote. The leftwing New Popular Front (NFP) alliance came in second with 28 percent, while French President Emmanuel Macron’s centrist Together coalition reached 20 percent, according to official tallies. The result marks the first time the RN, headed by far-right populist Marine Le Pen, has won more than 20 percent of the vote in a parliamentary election. Macron called the snap vote after last month’s European elections, which saw the RN surge in popularity.

    The final results are still far from certain and the exact makeup of France’s parliament will be determined by the second round of run-off voting on July 7. In the past, the traditional right and leftwing parties have struck agreements for their candidates to stand down from the runoffs to avoid splitting the vote against the National Rally and create a unified “republican front”.

    Bernard, who reports on U.S. sports for beIN, was far from the only public figure to comment on the results. Alexis Brézet, editorial director of French daily Le Figaro called the results “a French tragedy,” putting the blame squarely on Macron for throwing the country into turmoil. Whatever the outcome on Sunday’s second round, wrote Brézet, the result will be a “regime crisis. Thank you, Macron!” His counterpart at La Montagne, Stéphane Vergeade, noted that Macron “lost his bet” in calling the surprise election, while Dov Alfon, at Libération, said the French public hold Marcon “responsible for this chaos.”

    But the sport reporter’s bluntness drew an immediate response, and a wave of criticism from far-right supporters. Bernard eventually deleted the post but later tweeted he did so only so as not to implicate his employer in what was a personal outburst. “My opinion, my opinions are my own,” he wrote. “But the tweet that caused so much reaction was also lowering me to their level. Hate stirs up hate.” He did not apologize for original statement, noting that “France is the country of human rights and must remain so. My heart bleeds, that’s it.”



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Email
    Previous ArticleArjun Kapoor’s cryptic post about ‘pain’ and ‘regret’ draws attention amidst break up rumours with Malaika Arora
    Next Article Ahead Of Mirzapur Season 3 Release, Shweta Tripathi Reveals Harshita Gaur Shot A Challenging Scene In Season 2 Despite Being Unwell
    admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Neon Sets Early Premium-Format Screenings for Na Hong-jin’s Hope

    August 21, 2026

    Why Billy Bob Thornton Says ‘Holly­wood Wasn’t Nice’ to Taylor Sheridan

    August 21, 2026

    Chris Hansen Didn’t Watch Primetime, Refused to Sign A24 NDA

    August 21, 2026

    Gwyneth Paltrow Spoofs Viral Dinner Party Invite for OpenAI’s Sam Altman

    August 21, 2026

    Dave Bautista in Talks for ‘God of War’ Role as Kratos

    August 21, 2026

    Damon Lindelof Weighs In on 2026’s Adaptation Wars

    August 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Recent Posts
    • Yash Eyes A Hat-Trick Of 100 Crore Global Openers With Toxic & Ramayana
    • Huma Qureshi Starrer Wraps Up As A Flop, With Only 30% Budget Recovery!
    • Spider-Man: Brand New Day India Box Office: Tom Holland Starrer Concludes Third Week
    • On Track To Beat The Highest-Grossing Despicable Me Universe Movie’s $1.1B+ Global Haul
    • Ravi Teja To Finally Deliver A Successful Film After 6 Consecutive Failures?
    • Awarapan 2 Box Office Collection Day 7: Emraan Hashmi Delivers Over 161% Returns
    • When & Where To Watch Taapsee Pannu’s Gripping Thriller About A Mother’s Relentless Fight
    • Less Than $5M Away From Beating The King Of Kings
    • A Lore-Driven Horror That Works Despite Franchise Fatigue
    • Neon Sets Early Premium-Format Screenings for Na Hong-jin’s Hope
    • Home
    • Movies
    • TV Shows
    • Gaming

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.