Close Menu
    Monsoon News
    • Search Page
    • Bollywood
    • Exclusives
    • TV Shows
    • Movies
    • Privacy Policy
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms of Use
      • Cookie Privacy Policy
      • DMCA
      • California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Monsoon News
    Home»Exclusives»Gavin Newsom Says Paramount Settlement Talks Happening in “Real Time”
    Exclusives

    Gavin Newsom Says Paramount Settlement Talks Happening in “Real Time”

    adminBy adminAugust 22, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Reddit WhatsApp Email

    Gavin Newsom signaled his support on Friday for settlement talks in the antitrust suit seeking to block the Paramount-Warner Bros. merger.

    When asked about his stance on the controversial merger and the antitrust suit from 12 states challenging it at a press appearance in San Francisco, the California governor gestured to remarks made by the state’s Attorney General Rob Bonta earlier in the week. “Look, I was appreciative, I think this week, earlier this week, you heard the attorney general himself say he’d prefer this settled in the boardroom, not the courtroom,” Newsom said. “So I think there’s some universal sentiment there, if that’s possible. The question is if that’s possible. And what’s the best deal, what’s the landing? And that has to be worked through.”

    The governor suggested that talks were already happening to determine a way forward for the parties. “That’s a process that’s unfolding, I assure you, in real time,” he said on Friday. “I know there are many meetings that are going on and there’s a lot of conversation about what that could look like, but the attorney general is not just representing the state of California, he’s also part of this coalition with a dozen other states. So we also have to be mindful of that coalition as well.”

    Newsom’s remarks followed a report in The Wall Street Journal on July 31 stating that the governor was concerned about the states‘ antitrust suit. The story reported that, wary of potential consequences for employment in California, Newsom had encouraged Bonta to find a solution out of court. At the time, the governor did not confirm or comment on the record about his stance.

    That changed on Friday. When asked about a recent threat made by Paramount Skydance CEO David Ellison to take one or two of Hollywood’s remaining historic studios out of California if the antitrust suit isn’t resolved by October, Newsom said he was taking the remarks “seriously.” He said, “We’re hoping that doesn’t happen. And I’m of the belief that they don’t want to see that happen. It’s not, I don’t think, in the company’s long-term interest, but I take it seriously.”

    He added that he was talking to people on all sides of the debate, given the stakes for California. “I’m very mindful of what this means to the state, I‘m concerned about the state, our reputation,” the governor said.

    His support for settlement talks puts him in the same camp as Xavier Becerra, the Democratic candidate for California governor in this year’s elections. It also aligns him with L.A. Mayor Karen Bass, who expressed her desire for both parties to “come to the table” and “work urgently to find common ground” on Thursday.

    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Email
    Previous ArticleBecomes Nivin Pauly’s 5th Highest Global Grosser Post-COVID In Only 24 Hours!
    Next Article Raquel Lee Alleges Disney Negligent in On-Set Sexual Abuse
    admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Best Sunscreens Recommended by Hollywood Experts in 2026: Face, Body

    August 22, 2026

    Meet Her Friends’ New Reality Show

    August 22, 2026

    Hayden Panettiere’s Boyfriend Gave Her Narcan Before Death, Brother Says

    August 22, 2026

    Raquel Lee Alleges Disney Negligent in On-Set Sexual Abuse

    August 22, 2026

    Patrick Ball Awards Chatter Interview About ‘The Pitt,’ Addiction

    August 22, 2026

    Mark Ruffalo Links Paramount to Oracle, Israeli Military. Studio Responds

    August 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Recent Posts
    • Best Sunscreens Recommended by Hollywood Experts in 2026: Face, Body
    • Finally Beats No Way Home, Breaks Into All-Time Top 3 Grossers Domestically!
    • Meet Her Friends’ New Reality Show
    • Hayden Panettiere’s Boyfriend Gave Her Narcan Before Death, Brother Says
    • Raquel Lee Alleges Disney Negligent in On-Set Sexual Abuse
    • Gavin Newsom Says Paramount Settlement Talks Happening in “Real Time”
    • Becomes Nivin Pauly’s 5th Highest Global Grosser Post-COVID In Only 24 Hours!
    • Patrick Ball Awards Chatter Interview About ‘The Pitt,’ Addiction
    • Ravi Teja Is A Riot With 2nd Biggest Opening Of His Post-COVID Career!
    • Mark Ruffalo Links Paramount to Oracle, Israeli Military. Studio Responds
    • Home
    • Movies
    • TV Shows
    • Gaming

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.